Updates and Events
REGISTER NOW for CTBA 2016 Fiscal Symposium
Event Date and Time:
September 20, 2016 - 8:30am to 11:30am
The Importance of Public Education—a Sustainable Way to Fund it—to Illinois' Future
State Superintendent of Education Tony Smith, Ph.D. to Keynote CTBA Annual Symposium. Superintendent Smith will expalin the role Illinois' K-12 educatoin systems plays in building a strong economi and how the budget uncertainty impacts state and local communities. Our panel of distinguished legislators will respond and discuss what education and fiscal reforms are needed to move Illinois forward.
Reserve your seat today by REGISTERING HERE
Or To Register By Mail: Download and complete the REGISTRATION FORM. Mail your check and registration form to CTBA, Attn: Tracy Schonberger, 70 E. Lake Street, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60601
- Honorable William “Will” Davis (D-30), Chair of Approp, Elementary & Secondary Education
- Honorable Toi W. Hutchinson (D-40), Chair of Senate Revenue Committee
- Honorable Kimberly A. Lightford (D-4), Senate Majority Leader
- Honorable Karen McConnaughay (R-33), Minority Spokesperson, Senate Transportation Committee
- Honorable Robert W. Pritchard (R-70), Republican Spokesperson, Approp-Elementary & Secondary Education
Brandis Friedman, Chicago Tonight Correspondent and Content Producer will moderate the event.
Unable to attend? Would you be interested in making a donation? CLICK HERE
Your donation will help strengthen CTBA's principal goal to ensure major policy systems work to promote social and economic justice.